Start Date: May 21, 2019 06:00 PM
End Date: August 13, 2019 08:00 PM
What is Parenting in America?
It is a 12-week group that helps parents and caregivers who are newcomers to the United States, take better care of themselves, gain new skills to raise children, and develop strong relationships with their children.
The program helps parents to:
- Discover your strengths as a person and as a parent
- Become more assertive in advocating for yourself and your children
- Increase self-respect and self-esteem
- Learn to trust, hope and forgive
- Learn to handle negative thoughts
- Set personal goals for your children
- Discover your community support circles
- Understand how the past influences the way of being a parent or caregiver
- Develop skills to protect, teach, love and care for their children
During the program, you will meet other parents who are struggling to solve the same problems as you. You will work with a trained group facilitator who will guide you in the task of being a parent or caregiver in the United States. Child care and full meals are provided for each participant and their children.
Group runs on 12 Tuesdays from 6:00-8:00pm starting May 21st- August 13th, 2019.
Please contact one of our staff members to set up an intake: Starling Anthony at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-628-8815 x210 or Leticia St. Remy at email@example.com or 617-628-8815 x241